Life in the Box: Bumper Stickers
With the 2015 Supreme Court decision allowing marriage rights to all Americans, gay or not, the bumper-stickers for and against the decision have become passé. Since I didn’t find any anti-gay-marriage bumper stickers that were either creative or insightful (okay, I admit, I’m prejudiced), I have selected just my favorite pro-gay-marriage sayings to share before they are all gone. Enjoy!
Separation of Church and State:
- Your Church Is not My Government
- Religion is a Choice; Equality is a Right
- God didn’t make me to hate me!
- My God blesses my same-sex marriage.
- OMG. I said I hated figs! –Jesus
- Jesus had Two Dads
- Traditional Marriage = 1 man + 1 woman + 1 woman. Deuteronomy 21:15
Voting on Civil Rights:
- When can I vote on your marriage?
- Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privilege
- So, whose rights are we voting away next?
Freedom of Choice:
- Freedom is the ability to live my life–and not yours
- If you don’t like gay people, blame straight people. They keep having gay babies.
- Don’t believe in gay marriage? Don’t marry a gay.
- Homophobia is an immoral lifestyle choice.
Marriage / Divorce:
- Stop protecting homosexuals – Legalize gay marriage!
Hets who love Lesbians:
- I only support gay marriage if both chicks are hot!
Nancy Heather Brown is an Emmy Award-winning television producer whose career has included interviewing, writing, and editing for a span of four decades. Today, she uses gems from this treasure trove of life stories to add sparkle to her reflections on the creative process both inside and outside the box.